Privacy and Security
EmployabilityTests.com ("ET") recognizes the importance of protecting your privacy. This privacy notice describes our practices related to personal information privacy and security.
ET has a global privacy program to protect all “Personal Information.” Personal Information is any information that we can use to identify you (such as your name, username or identification number) or contact you (such as your email address or telephone number). Personal Information includes other types of information (such as test scores or demographic data) when that information is associated with your Personal Information.
In this notice, the term "Website" includes all ET websites, platforms and applications that collect personal information from you.
By using an ET Website and providing us with Personal Information, you agree to our privacy terms. You can contact us at any time with questions or concerns about privacy by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information on our Website directly from children under the age of 13. Parents and schools may use our Website to create accounts for children, such as registering them for tests. We encourage parents and teachers to spend time online with children and to monitor their online activities.
If you believe that a child has created an account on our Website, please contact us to have the account deactivated by sending us an email at email@example.com
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of Personal Information from you when you use our Website:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages.
- Relationship Information that helps us do business with you. For test takers, this may include the types of tests that you want to take, your school affiliation, expected degree and graduation date, and similar information that can help us offer you personalized content. For professionals, this may include your professional credentials and affiliations and the products and services that may interest you or your school.
- Transaction Information from your online activities, registrations and purchases, including your registration records, purchase history, order information about your use of our content (such as if you access your scores online, use test prep material or complete surveys), customer account information (such as if you email us for support) and payment card information as needed to process your payments.
In some cases, we may need to collect additional information in order to administer tests to you or to fulfill other requests that you may make. For example:
- As permitted by law (and as needed for your test), we may collect additional Personal Information at the test center such as your photograph, your fingerprint, voiceprint, writing samples, and images and voices in videotapes and audiotapes (including from premises monitoring equipment).
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with the products, content or services selected by you, such as to register you for and deliver tests, and send you service-related communications, such as identity verification, score delivery, customer service and account management.
- Subject to your choices, provide you with marketing communications, surveys and offers for products and services from ET and our partners, including personalized offers based on your usage of our products and to manage your communications preferences.
- Improve our products and services (including for test usability and design, security and research), and to identify, develop and offer new or expanded products and services.
- Understand how you use our products, content and services, including associating you with different devices that you may use to access our content, to help personalize your experience on the Website, and customize the content and/or format of the pages you visit.
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, Website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- Generate aggregate statistical studies and conduct research ourselves or jointly with others related to our products and services and the use of our Website. We may also use your Personal Information in other ways, if you consent to those uses.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will only disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates, who will only use your Personal Information for the purposes listed above.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties that provide services to us. For example, when you register for a test, we will provide certain registration information to third parties that administer the tests in your area. We use service providers for other functions as well, such as printing, mailing and/or payment processing. We require such third-party processors to use your Personal Information in accordance with our directions and these processors may not use your Personal Information for their own purposes.
- We may disclose your Personal Information as needed to provide services to you. For example, if you ask us to, we will disclose your test scores to schools and others. We may also share your Personal Information with our partners, but only to the extent that you have a relationship with such partner or you authorize the sharing. We may share information with test prep providers, if you elect to use the materials or as needed to validate referrals and operate the platforms.
- We may also disclose Personal Information in accordance with applicable law, in connection with any sale or transfer of our business or assets, to assert or defend our rights and property, or to prevent harm to others. For example, we may disclose Personal Information to third parties when we investigate claims of misconduct, invalid test scores or other incidents that may occur in our test centers. We will also always disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. Please note that we may also use and disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data. These reports do not contain any Personal Information.
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our Website, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our Websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice governs how we use that information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
When you visit our Website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. We use both temporary (session) cookies and persistent cookies, which allow us to recognize you when you return. Cookies help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud. In many cases, you can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the “help” section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
Server Logs and Other Technologies
We collect many different types of information from server logs and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the device you use to access our Website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to ET and the website you visit after you leave our site.
Choice to Opt Out and Access to Your Personal Information
When you register for a test online or create an account, we ask you to provide your contact details, including email address, telephone and mobile phone details. We use this information so that we can quickly provide you with information regarding the products and services you have requested.
If we have your consent (or if you have not objected), we may send other communications to you, such as surveys and information about other testing products and services. You can limit these communications at any time. To opt out of emails, simply click the link labeled “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you. To revoke permissions that you may have given to send text messages, text STOP in response to any message. Remember, however, that we may still send emails or call you in order to provide the testing services you have purchased or otherwise requested from us.
We also respect your right to reasonably access and correct your Personal Information. If you have an online account, you can log into your account at any time to access and update the information you have provided to us (with the exception of your name, gender, birthdate or Social Security number, if provided). Additionally, ET complies with all laws regarding access and correction. If you need assistance updating your Personal Information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
ET has established safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your Personal Information.If you register for a Website account, you will be asked to select a password to help protect your information. These passwords help us verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to any of your Personal Information. You should never disclose your password to anyone. ET will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. You are responsible for all of your actions relating to the secrecy of your passwords and your account information.
In no event will ET nor any of its officers, members, directors, employees or their representatives or suppliers be liable for any damages, special, consequential or otherwise (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the Website or its Content, even if ET or an authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of suchdamage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you. As a visitor to and a user of the Web Site, you, in effect, agree that all access and use of this Website and the Content are at your own risk.
The Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing, Including Legitimate Interests
The Privacy Notice explains the reasons why we process your Personal Information. We only process Personal Information when we have a legal basis for the processing, such as:
- To fulfill a contract with you, such as to provide you with an ET test or a test offered by another company through ET.
- For closely related purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- We may process your Personal Information for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. In particular, we may process your Personal Information as needed to:
- Protect you, us or others from threats (such as security threats or test fraud).
- Improve ET’s tests and support ET Research Initiatives.
- Comply with the laws that are applicable to us around the world.
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting and customer service.
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions.
- Understand and improve our business, improve test integrity and for research purposes.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
ET may use automated processes in connection with scoring tests and for similar purposes as needed to provide the test services that you have requested. All such decisions are subject to human review. We will not make automated decisions about you that may significantly affect you, unless (1) the decision is necessary as part of a contract that we have with you, (2) we have your explicit consent, or (3) we are required by law to use the technology. You can learn more about test scoring by reading the information posted on our Website about each of our tests.
In some cases, we use certain elements of personal data for ET Research. For example, we may consider how certain types of test takers respond to specific test questions. Our research initiatives reflect our commitment to fairness and equity in testing, helping to ensure that are our tests are accessible and free from bias. They also seek to improve teaching, learning and assessment. Our research results do not contain any identifiable data, and are not used to target or profile individuals.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as the information is needed for the purposes set forth above and for any additional period that may be required or permitted by law. You may request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us via email at email@example.com
Unless we are required by law or have a legitimate interest to retain your information, we will delete it within 30 days of your request.
If you have any issue or grievance with respect to this Policy or with the manner in which we collect or store your information, your access or in any respect related to your personal information provided to us, firstname.lastname@example.org, who shall redress your grievance. We will do everything we reasonably can to ensure that your grievance is attended to and addressed within a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of your grievance.
Some Orders will be processed only after the email address, and other billing information, has been verified. Occasionally, we receive incorrect billing or credit card account information for a test order that can delay processing and delivery. In these cases, www.Employabilitytests.comcustomer service will attempt to contact you, using the information provided at the time of purchase. If www.Employabilitytests.comis unable to reach you after its initial attempt, www.Employabilitytests.commay cancel your order.
Some Orders will be processed only after the email address, and other billing information, has been verified.
Cookie Acceptance Policy